Thursday, August 30, 2012

Of games and men

So, as I tried explaining earlier, I'm a person that cannot play just one game and be satisfied. I need to do different stuff, and I rarely feel like I could be satisfied by playing with the same game mechanics all the time. It's really a wonder that I played SWTOR for six months, and that was pretty much all I played. I was hooked. This can happen sometimes, that I become "addicted" to one game, that I feel like I don't want to play anything else, but it's really rare. The one thing in SWTOR that did it for me was the Player vs. Player Warzones. Oh I just love to be better than other people.

So, a while back I tried to fight my nature and try to finish one game at a time. I managed quite well in the beginning. I played through Half-Life 2 and Half-Life 2: Episode 1, but then I started Assassin's Creed. Oh lord that game is boring. It was fun in the start, felt interesting, but when I got out of the starting city and in to the next one, my interest in the game collapsed. I've heard so much good things about the second one that I might try it. I'm more interested in the multiplayer of Brotherhood. I love PvP in all the forms I can get. <3

So that went badly. I started jumping from game to game again. Day-Z is keeping me entertained, Minecraft has had a too long break, I need to finish my KotOR playthrough to youtube....lot of stuff. And Guild Wars 2 just came out.

Now in Guild Wars 2, the PvP is constructed quite differently. The normal PvP sets you straight to level 80, with skills and all, so that everyone is equal. It works better than any kind of boosting system, I think. It's just quite hard to make sense of the skills and it really requires time and practice to master everything. I didn't bother with the Trainers, I just went straight in the game and tried to do my best. And even though I am playing on a crappy laptop at the moment, I'm doing quite well! With my Necromancer. I think that again this will be the one thing I will be doing mostly, as I love to compete.

If you are playing GW2, add Praemorior to your friend list, and say hello.

I just made a really big guy, Norn and a thief. It's quite funny. The opposite of what I'd think a thief to be. We made characters with Kirsi that we play only with each other. Then I have the Necromancer that I stopped leveling really, because I've been playing PvP. I should play WvW more, but it's really not that fun with this computer because the bigger battles are a slideshow.

Now talking about crappy computers, our own laptop at home will never be able to run the game even at the lowest settings, and we talked with Kirsi about maybe getting another computer, as she's been playing more and more with the PC as well (Skyrim, Deus Ex). So, sure, let's buy a computer that's about equal power as our current one. We bought our computer 2 years ago, and it cost somewhat 750€. Now I've been buying parts for our new one and the total sum is about 550€. The "new" computer will be like this:



Asus P8Z77-V LX & 8GB Kingston RAM 145€
Antec Sonata III 500W case 110€
Radeon HD 5770 80€
Intel Core i5-2400s (boxed) 179€
Western Digital 3.5" SATA 500GB HDD 53€

Now the case and graphics card are the same as our current computer, but at least the processor and motherboard are a little better! And 200€ cheaper then our current one! I'm sure it will go to good use. Now I just have to find a cheap monitor...

On the left here you can see my Steam library. I want to play most of these games. Where will I get the time? Oh well, at least I'll have lots to do after I retire from work in 40 years.

I feel like I should fill this empty space with something...

Derp

the derp

is a derp

with a derp

in a derp

derping

with derpderp

what the derp

derp the herp

and a nut.

No comments: