Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Leo, LEGO and Dragon Ageing

Just felt a sudden need to write something (and immediately my son came to me and said "Come play with me"...brb)

(10 minutes later)

Played a little with LEGO. Sometimes it feels impossible to concentrate on anything for more than a minute when our son is awake, because you're pulled from the hand every minute "come play, come play, you can be this LEGO guy"...I don't mind it, when I'm not doing anything, but sometimes it really irritates me. I don't show it to Leo, instead I try to encourage him to play alone for a while. A child shouldn't need constant support from his parents, but instead do stuff on his own. I do like to play with Leo, but more in the video game department, and in more physical stuff, like "adventuring" outside or playing tag and now in the winter sledding is fun too! I've been exposed to too much interesting stuff in things I like to play with, so I get easily bored when playing with LEGO, if I don't have a good idea what to do, and especially when I have something else on my mind. I like more the building aspect of the plastic bricks, but I'm usually at loss when trying to play as a character. Too much going on in my head, I suppose.

Now, in the video game department of my life (and Leo's life), we've been playing the new LEGO video game, Batman 3.


Now there's something to do with LEGO I'll gladly play with. We've been playing it on the PS4, and it looks good and it's the same basic fun that the LEGO games offer. Leo seems to like it at times, but I think this has the same problem as LEGO Marvel; the levels are too long. When we've been playing Marvel on the Wii U, I've always liked (and Leo too) the open world adventuring more than the levels. I loved LEGO Star Wars back in the day (and still do), and I realized that one of the reasons it's so much better is the length of the levels. More compact. And more simple gameplay, as well as the level design. Sometimes in Batman 3 it feels like there is too much stuff going on in the screen. Still don't know if it has a large open area to explore in peace, but I hope it does.


As my wife has been a little addicted to Dragon Age: Inquisition (46 hours and counting, in a week), I've been playing Dragon Age 2 on the PC. First I played through Origins, and now finally going through DA2. I've never played it, and although it feels cheap to reuse the same areas over and over again, I'm still invested in the story of the Hawke family, and deeply interested in the characters and lore of Dragon Age. Probably just because I'm preparing myself for Inquisition. I really dislike the combat though, as it feels too "light", and the sound effects of the mage's staff sound like something from a crappy sci-fi movie laser "pew pew" gun.

In other news, I started reading the Sandman comic, as we have a collection in hard cover, loaned from a friend. Loving the comic! Brilliant characters, storylines and the art is amazing. And this was done so long ago! Shame I didn't find this earlier. Always just thought "Wonder what that Sandman is, huh". And now I know. I was a little surprised about the appearance of Death, heh. Thought it would be cool to cosplay as Dream sometime, and maybe my wife could be Death. We need wigs though...couldn't make my hair so fuzzy even if I tried.

Time for random stuff:





It snowed a little in the weekend, we had fun! Now the snow has melted already..

But ach! I realised I've been writing for an hour (how's that possible?!), even though it feels like 15 minutes, and because I think I'm just wasting my time, I'll stop writing here.

No comments: