Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Personal shit and gaming stuff

I had some thought today that I'd write about myself and how I think I'm becoming more anti-social the older I get, but then I realized that it really just depends on the feeling. The last weekend was a gaming expo called Digiexpo here, and I thought before the event that it's really fun to see people and get to talk to them, but every time I see someone now, I don't have the slightest clue on what to talk about. I always think my life is really uneventful, and I can never come up with any meaningful questions for anyone. The old and same "How are you?" is just too dull and overused. So instead I just stand there with a blank face and thinking about nothing. Oh well, I suppose that's actually quite normal for us Finns. Still, I wish I was a better talker. Usually the questions and answers come to me after the situation has passed, and then eventually I forget what I was thinking about. Like listening to the podcast I started (PBC), someone says something that I'd want to correct and I think about writing some feedback, but then I listen to the whole episode and in the end forget that I wanted to write something. I should probably try and train my memory. But anyway, it's funny that I still want to connect to everyone when talking about games. I'd like to play more multiplayer games! And talk to people online! Talk what? Dunno, maybe someone else can come up with a subject. Games maybe?

Less personal, more gaming

Dragon Age! We pre-ordered it for the PS4, and now preparing for it, I started DA:O, and am finally somewhat invested in it! I usually have the problem of jumping from game to game, but now I really want to remember more about the lore and world of Dragon Age. We got a cool poster from Digiexpo too:




In Digiexpo I got to try some upcoming games. Bloodborne looked nice, still not a must-buy, even as a Demon's Souls fan (Sorry Dark Souls). Battlefield: Hardline felt like a Battlefield game. Dragon Age: Inquisition was fun with the tactical camera, playing on a console. I managed to confuse The Evil Within with The Order 1886...damn black bars!! The setting in the part of the game felt like it could be in the Order. And then I went and told everyone "Wow that Order 1886 sure was more like a survival horror game than I expected from videos! Now I'm really looking forward for it!" ..

In a more positive light, I got to play Mario Kart 8 on stage, winning the first round and moving in to the finals. Damn people forced the finalists to play with a BMW, and those damn cars have quite a different way to drift than the sports bikes I always use. In the end I was second, which is quite nice, but I could have won the damn thing if I didn't fuck up the start of the round. Engine blew out because I was too hasty with the gas. Oh well. Still got a "nice" Lakitu figure from it, and our son immediately ripped his glasses off. R.I.P


Off to cut some meat for the kitties! And seriously, listen to this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qs1bG6BIYlo

Been playing on repeat while writing this. Good stuff. Why? Dunno.

And what the hell, I was supposed to play Dragon Age: Origins, not write. And now off to bed. Ach.

No comments: